Born in the 17th of September, 1988, in Brazil, Brasilia. Also with Portuguese citizenship. Fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish. Former professional tennis player ranked on ATP.
Co-Author of Tennis Teaching Methodology, PI Squared - a science based methodology.
Co-Founder of GSET - Gabriel Sports Engineering for Tennis
Training company specialized on developing young players , reaching for excellency through its own methodology. (www.gsetennis.com)
GPTCA B level
Career Planning Consultant on Tennis Education
• Project Manager on the Construction of High Performance Tennis Players
• Fundamentals construction Consultant
• Tennis Tactics and Strategies Consultant
• Tennis Biomechanics Consultant.
• High-performance physical conditioning Consultant
• High-performance nutritional Consultant
• Graduated in Physical Education, 2018, having studied two years of Engineering.
• Certified on Harvard Course “Leaders of Learning”
• Certified on Tokyo Institute of Technology course “Autophagy – Research behind the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine”
• Certified on Wageningen Course “Nutrition, Exercise and Sports”
• 8 ITF (International Tennis Federation) certificates.
• GPTCA Level B - By merit (confirming merit letter) USPTA membership
As Consultant, Head Coach, and manager
• Consultant for UC Berkeley
• Consultant for JC Scherer Tennis Academy, in Switzerland, developing the theme Applied Engineering for tennis, and how to enhance performance.
• Consultant of ATP ranked players.
- Andre Goransson (ATP #80)
- Albert Ramos Vinolas (ATP #17)
• Coach of players that became college students in the U.S., with sport scholarship.
• Coach in Weil im Schönbuch Tennis Club in Germany, for adults playing the Inter-Clubs Championship, and juniors for national competitions.
• Physical conditioning manager and trainer in Weil im Schönbuch Tennis Club in Germany, for the inter-clubs team.
• Councilor and Tennis Coach in Leysin, Switzerland, 2016. Tennis Coach in Leysin Switzerland, 2017.
• Coach for the Pancho Gonzales Youth Foundation
As professional player
• ATP ranked player #1357.
• Winner of the professional tournament of Ville de Poligny, 2012, in France, National Professional Circuit.
• Winner of the professional tournament of Freyming- merlebach, 2012, in France, National Professional Circuit.
• Player in the Inter-Clubs National Championship in Germany, with a single loss in the whole season.
As a Junior Player
#7 of Brazil on my last year as a junior (18U) in singles and #1 in doubles. Highest ranked #4 in singles. Won several national tournaments.
Magazines and Published articles
• Elite Tennis Magazine
• Tennis Life Magazine
• Viver Sports
• Serve It Up Magazine
Former ATP player and Physical Educator
• ATP tennis coach
• Co-Author of Tennis Teaching Methodology, PI Squared - a science based methodology.
• Co-Founder of GSET - Gabriel Sports Engineering for Tennis
• Specialized on developing young players , reaching for excellency through its own methodology.
• Graduated in Engineering
• Specialist in sports biomechanics
GSET has the necessary expertise in all areas related to athletes' training. GSET is ready to offer diagnoses and solutions every step of the way to form a high-performance athlete. Paulo César Pimentel is an engineer since 1990, a specialist in sports biomechanics in tennis for more than fourteen years, sports consultant, coaching players who became professionals or college students with tennis scholarship in the United States. Gabriel Pimentel is a former professional tennis player ranked on ATP, who studied engineering for two years and graduated in physical education, coach of players that became college students with tennis scholarship in the United States, and personal trainer.